Tuesday, August 6, 2013

New Kid by Friday!


Do You Really Want a New Kid?

I was waiting for a prescription at one of the thousand Walgreen's locations locally when a book title caught my eye.  "Have a New Kid by Friday" written Dr. Kevin Leman.  The premise is to buy this book on a Monday and by Friday, all those annoying behaviors will dissipate.  All in five days!  I am really wondering why we are required to have a minimum of 175 days of school by AdvancEd (formerly Southern Association of Colleges and Schools) and SAIS (Southern Association of Independent Schools).  According to Dr. Leman we can make the necessary changes in five days.  I should not be so harsh to Dr. Leman.  He holds Bachelor's, Master's, and Doctorate degrees in clinical psychology from the University of Arizona and is a retired psychologist.  He has written books on topics regarding marriage, toddlers, and adolescents.  I am sure he has a wealth of information that I am not privy to and uses it to help families.  It's just that title that caught my eye.

From everything I can tell during my short tenure at Sumner Academy, I see our faculty and staff devoted to presenting a program of study here from pre-kindergarten to eighth grade which creates a well rounded, well educated leader.  While there may be some great ideas in Dr. Leman's book, we realize that it takes years of great parenting and schooling in building children. 

Trust us, as a school, to be in communication with you as parents when issues come up with your child.  Our faculty and staff is a fine mixture of veteran teachers and new educators.  Thank you for allowing us to help in building your child here at Sumner Academy.



No comments:

Post a Comment